From our experts at Accurate Insect and Pest Control TPCL #0616331
With a beautiful backdrop of colors and a crisp cool breeze, fall is a popular season for many; including cockroaches, spiders and rodents. The change from hot summer days to cool fall nights indicates the need to find shelter from the winter months approaching. Prevent unwanted winter visitors by pest proofing your home this fall. .
Rodents can cause major damage to your home by chewing through wires and burrowing in interior walls. Along with structural damage rodents can also carry diseases such as Salmonella and Hantavirus,a rare but deadly viral infection. Pests can also spread diseases and be harmful to your health if living indoors. The droppings and saliva of cockroaches can trigger asthma attacks in young children. Some spiders will bite if threatened. Poisonous spiders, such as Brown Recluse, inject venom that can cause an allergic reaction.
Recommended ways to fall pest-proof your home:
- Install door sweeps on exterior doors and repair damaged screens.
- Seal cracks on the outside of the home, including areas where utilities and pipes enter.
- Store food in airtight containers and dispose of garbage regularly.
- Replace loose mortar and weather stripping around foundation and windows.
- Eliminate all moisture sites, including leaking pipes and clogged drains.
- Keep shrubbery well-trimmed.
If you suspect a pest infestation in your home, Contact Accurate Insect and Pest Control to inspect, identify and treat the problem. TPCL #0616331